Advantages of TAMI membrane
Range of filtration:
The available cut-offs of TAMI membranes cover the largest filtration range among all the ceramic membrane manufacturers (from microfiltration to fine ultrafiltration).
TAMI non-circular channels (under patent) permit to increase the filtration surface compared to a circular channel membrane with similar hydraulic diameter. Different geometrical shapes are available to satisfy client expectations.
TAMI membrane supports are all made of pure TiO2. This high quality material gives the following advantages:
- Pressure burst point > 90 Bars
- Average pore diameter 4.5μm
- Operational temperature <250o C
- Chemical stability:
- acid and basic solution do not have influence on the support (including concentrated hydrofluoric and phosphoric acids)
- resistant to solvents
- pH: 0-14
- TAMI membrane composition material does not endanger human health unlike membranes made of other material such as alumina.
TAMI membrane active layers are made of TiO2 and/or ZrO2 depending on the filtration range. These materials give the following advantages:
- Operational temperature < 250o C
- ??? Chemical stability:
- Resistant to acid and basic solution except concentrated hydrofluoric and phosphoric acids.
- Resistant to solvents
- ?pH range: 0-14 (MF/UF)??? 2-14 (fine UF)
- Autoclave sterilization (121°C/30mn)